English information corona virus
Here you can follow the latest developments concerning the coronavirus in the Aalsmeer region.
Coronavirus in Aalsmeer
- Information about the adjusted services of Aalsmeer
- You will find the latest emergency regulations about corona at the website of the Amsterdam-Amstelland Safety Region (in Dutch).
- The latest information and questions and answers you can find at the website of The Government.
- Do you still have any questions? Call the national information number: (0800) 1351.
- Read all the information about coronavirus testing.
- More about the development of the coronavirus in the Netherlands on the coronavirus dashboard on Government
No choice but to take summertime measures in face of rapid increase in infections
9 July 2021
The coronavirus infection rate in the Netherlands has increased much faster than expected since society reopened almost completely on 26 June. Most infections have occurred in nightlife settings and parties with high numbers of people. The increased infection rate does not currently pose a threat to vulnerable groups or the capacity of the healthcare system. However, such a high number of infectious people can be a risk for people who have not, or not yet, been fully vaccinated. The Delta variant is causing more cases of illness among people who are not fully vaccinated, and there have even been cases of this variant infecting people who are fully vaccinated or who have already had a coronavirus infection. The possibility of new virus mutations arising also raises uncertainty. And the lingering symptoms of ‘long COVID’ can also have a big impact on people’s lives.
All this gives the government cause for concern. We cannot discount the possibility that hospital admissions will again increase in the weeks ahead. We have therefore decided that extra measures are necessary this summer.
- Read the news article No choice but to take summertime measures in face of rapid increase in infections
Netherlands to take big step in relaxing measures: almost everything allowed with 1.5-metre distancing
21 June 2021
The number of new infections and the number of people being admitted to hospital with COVID-19 are now both falling sharply. Most restrictions are therefore no longer necessary. That is why the government has decided that step 4 of the reopening plan can be taken and that more restrictions than planned can be relaxed. From 26 June, all establishments can open their doors, but it is important the 1.5-metre distancing rule remains the norm everywhere.
- Read the news article Netherlands to take big step in relaxing measures: almost everything allowed with 1.5-metre distancing
Vaccination location in Amstelveen
18 June 2021
The GGD Amsterdam Amstelland will open a new corona vaccination location in Amstelveen at Bovenkerkerweg 6-8 on Thursday, July 1, 2021. This location was chosen because of its good accessibility and its central location near Amstelveen, Aalsmeer and Uithoorn.
- Read the news article GGD opens vaccination location Amstelveen (in Dutch)
Step 3: nearly everything to reopen, subject to certain conditions
31 May 2021
The number of people being admitted to hospital with COVID-19 is falling rapidly. And more and more people are being vaccinated. The government has therefore decided to bring forward step 3 of the reopening plan by a couple of days. From Saturday 5 June, most locations in the Netherlands will be open, subject to certain conditions. Coronavirus entry passes will open up possibilities for various activities and will, for example, make it possible to increase visitor numbers.
Second step of reopening plan confirmed
19 May 2021
The numbers of new ICU and hospital admissions for COVID-19 have continued to fall. This means the government’s decision to take the second step of the plan to reopen society on 19 May 2021 is final. The government will not press the ‘pause’ button.
Step 2: Indoor sports facilities to reopen and more scope for activities outdoors
12 May 2021
The number of COVID-19 patients in hospitals has fallen slightly. And, with more than six million vaccine doses administered, the number of vaccinated people is growing steadily. The government expects the number of new hospital admissions to fall more rapidly from now on. So it intends to take the second step of the reopening plan on 19 May 2021.
- Read the news article Step 2: Indoor sports facilities to reopen and more scope for activities outdoors from the Dutch Government.
Previous updates about the coronavirus in Aalsmeer can be read on the page Archive English informatie coronavirus.